Organizations are adjusting to what we are now calling “the new reality of remote work.” These unforeseen times have truly shown us all what successful and sustainable remote work requires. It can be challenging and overwhelming to those who are now working remote to figure out the most efficient way to do it. Organizations have had to adjust many ways to ensure specific elements matches remote work.
With the assistance of IT, that unnecessary stress can be eliminated. ITs job is to store and transmit data in the most efficient way possible. That is why organizations need to let IT work for them, not the other way around. IT is here to help, not make things more complicated. Think of crossing a body of water to get to the other side of land. It is not very smart to just walk through the water because several risks come with that. Crossing the body of water with a safe path is the smart ways. Think of IT being that safe path for getting your organization across the water and onto the other side.
Below are four key elements to let IT work for your organization through Microsoft Teams.
- Onboard your organization
Onboarding your organization will allow you to help new, and current, clients working remote learn the ins and out, along with getting adjusted to how the company is functioning.
- Prepare your network for Microsoft Teams–Ensure your environment is optimized for Teams usage.
- Make sure all users have access to Teams–Making sure all users have the correct access to Teams.
- Distribute the clients and devices–Having the correct download that suits specific devices is important to allow employers to work remotely efficiently.
- Use Advisor for Teams to plan or review your rollout–Provide recommended plans that walk users through the deployment of your Teams workloads.
- Manage the experience with robust settings and policies
Each organization is different in its own way, which is why managing the experience with robust settings and policies is important. This will control what users do in specific Team channels, specific features that are available to users, specific calling features that are available to users and tacking the usage of Teams to be sure all users are taking advantage of opportunities available to them.
- Meet organizational requirements:
- Tailor the Teams experience:
- Secure company data while safeguarding privacy
It is imperative that users have a peace of mind in ensuring that that their virtual conversations are kept private and secure. Privacy and security play an important role, especially during these times.
- Drive adoption of remote work
Making sure that everyone in your organization feels connected and empowered is crucial. Provide as many resources as possible to help individuals working remote feel connected and empowered.
Working remotely, isolated from your team, can be challenging. We as humans crave that human connection, especially in the work environment. With this difficult time, we are all enduring, taking advantage of IT through these four steps is necessary to a sustainable and successful remote work environment.
Boost your organization’s IT opportunities. Feel safe and sound with us as your provider to identify your IT essentials for remote work with Microsoft Teams.