Introducing Microsoft Defender for Business
Security has always been of high importance for organizations. Nowadays, due to the digitalization of the workplace, we are more exposed than ever. According to PurpleSec, in 2021 cybercrime was up 600%, and according to Cyberint 43% of the attacks target small and medium-sized businesses.
To address this and as mentioned in our article about the price changes in certain Microsoft products, Microsoft invested in security solutions. As part of these solutions, they introduced Microsoft Defender for Business.
Microsoft Defender for Business was thought to bring enterprise-grade, easy-to-use, cost-effective endpoint security to businesses with up to 300 employees.
- Threat and vulnerability management – Build a secure foundation for your environment by discovering, prioritizing, and remediating software vulnerabilities
- Attack surface reduction – Reduce the places your company is vulnerable to cyberattacks across devices and applications
- Next generation protection – Prevent and protect threats at your front door with antimalware and antivirus protection, on your devices and in the cloud
- Endpoint detection and response (EDR) – Identify persistent threats and remove them from your environment with behavioral-based detection and response alerts
- Automated investigation and remediation – Prioritize tasks and focus on more sophisticated threats by reducing alert volume and remediating threats
- APIs and integration – Automate workflows and integrate security data into your existing security platforms and reporting tools
Benefits of Microsoft Defender for Business
- Enterprise-grade endpoint security – Access capabilities from the industry-leading Microsoft Defender for Endpoint solution, optimized for small and medium-sized businesses
- Protects across Operating Systems – Protect against cybersecurity threats including malware and ransomware across Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android devices
- Easy to use, manage, and configure – Secure endpoints with less complexity and fewer gaps that can be exploited by cybercriminals
- Cost-effective – The licensing model for this product is flexible and simple. You can purchase it as a standalone offering for $3 a month, or as a part of Microsoft 365 Business Premium
Take care of your organization’s security in a simple and effective way with Microsoft Defender for Business. For more detailed information about this new product, read this article.
For expert guidance or more information about how to get this product, please contact one of our experts today.