As a first step we reviewed the Microsoft Secure Score. This tool helps to not only measure the organization’s current security posture, but also provides recommendations based on the existing subscription levels and Microsoft best practices.
Defender for Office 365
Secondly, we went to deploy and configure the security features provided and included with Defender for Office 365.
- Safe links to scan links at time-of-click
- Safe attachments for Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint Online in Teams, to scan and quarantine malicious/suspicious files
- Anti-phishing protection to detect and prevent impersonation attempts
Exchange Online Protection
As part of the same project, we configured some basic Exchange Online Protection policies to make for a more secure baseline.
- Anti-spam to help identify and separate junk email from legitimate email
- Anti-malware to protect against known viruses, spyware, and ransomware threats
- Anti-phishing to help protect against messages that appear to be from legitimate or trusted senders
Exchange Online Archiving
To meet the organization’s specific archiving requirements, we enabled some policies in their admin center. This will allow users to save space in their email inbox, which is usually limited to 50 or 100 GB, depending on their assigned Microsoft 365 license.
At the completion of this project, Hart InterCivic Inc. was able to improve their Microsoft Secure Score. By leveraging our Security Hardening approach, they were able to use more of the features and services that they were already paying for, therefore maximizing their Microsoft 365 investment.
If you want to maximize your Microsoft 365 environment value and have friendly Microsoft specialists by your side along the way, do not hesitate to contact us.
Learn more about our Microsoft 365 Professional Services and start your Microsoft journey with Team Venti, today.